I am Dr. Douglas W. Arjes. I have been practicing dentistry since 1978 and have worked with Dr. Robert G. Marx since 1993.
I love to help my patients of all ages with dentistry such as:
- Replacing metal fillings with aesthetic natural looking material
- Helping people have straight teeth with traditional braces or Invisalign
- Helping those who lost teeth with Implants, Dentures and Partials
- Restoring mouths to healthy condition with Root canals, fillings, fixing broken or chipped teeth, and treating gum disease with Periodontal treatment
- Helping patients have a smile they can be proud of with cosmetic dentistry
A healthy and attractive smile is very important to overall health and happiness.
I have dedicated my life to improving the health and appearance of smiles and making the dental experience comfortable and rewarding for my dental patients.
Fear of the dentist can be a real barrier to getting the care you need. I strive to “cater to cowards” and help everyone become more comfortable with coming to the dentist so they achieve the dental health they deserve.
On the personal side, I was born and reared in Iowa—an Iowa farm boy. I attended Iowa State University for three years and was accepted into dental school at the University of Iowa. I received my dental degree from the University of Iowa in 1978. My wife, Brenda and I have two sons. We are also very proud grandparents of an awesome grandson. I could go on for pages about my family, but suffice it to say, we feel very blessed.
Dr. Marx and I are very committed to our community. Our office annually provides free dental exams, cleanings and treatment for underprivileged children of Kansas City through the “Have A Heart” Program—a program founded by Dr. Marx. Our office has helped more than 2000 children since 1987. Our office has also sponsored “Set A Good Example” contest where school children learn and apply moral precepts in their lives. Dr. Marx and I have also been involved in the drug education programs.
I would like to welcome you to my family of patients. Give us a call today and set your appointment to come see us!